The following are eligible to become members of the Georgetown University Association of Retired Faculty and Staff.
- Faculty, Staff and AAPS who are retirees from Georgetown University as defined by the Georgetown University Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits.
- Non-University Employed School of Medicine faculty who held a clinical faculty appointment for at least 10 years and have attained the age of 55.
- Spouses of deceased member of GUARFS.
- Retired members of the Georgetown Jesuit community (no dues required).
The Executive Committee may at its discretion offer membership to those individuals who do not meet all of the above requirements but have attained the age of 55 and were employed by Georgetown University for at least ten years or those who were not employed by Georgetown University but who have attained the age of 55 and have made significant contributions to Georgetown University and/or GUARFS.
Benefits of Membership:
- Participation in activities such as luncheon/lectures and trips and excursions.
- Opportunities to connect with fellow retirees at the holiday party, the Mass of Thanksgiving, and a luncheon hosted by the President of the University or the Jesuit Community.
- Free registration for two courses each term for the member and spouse in the Georgetown University Learning Community mini-courses.
- Information about volunteer opportunities.
- Information about services available to retirees.
To become an active member, one must submit a completed GUARFS Membership Application. The confirmation email will provide a link to GUARFS Dues Payment Service that enables the recipient to pay dues online.
If one is an active member, dues can be paid each year by going to GUARFS Dues Payment Service.
Dues are $20 annually. GUARFS fiscal year runs from July 1 and June 30.