Connect & Socialize
The Georgetown University Association of Retired Faculty and Staff (GUARFS) provides a number of opportunities throughout the year for retirees to connect with each other, enjoy cultural events and socialize. These include:
- guided tours of museums, galleries, and other sites of cultural and historical interest in the area; and
- luncheon meetings with featured speakers from the Georgetown community.
We offer a mix of in-person and virtual events. Not a paid-up member? Click here to join or pay your dues. Sign-up information will be sent in the GUARFS newsletter and special announcement emails will be sent in the GUARFS newsletter and special announcement emails.
Annual Holiday Party
December 4th from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
In-person at the GU Center at 2115 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington, DC.
Come reconnect and celebrate the season!
GU Retirees and the GU Benefits Office are delighted to invite all GU Retirees to join fellow retired faculty and staff and some university leaders at the annual Holiday Party on December 4th from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the GU Center at 2115 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington, DC. See former colleagues, enjoy light refreshments and beverages, and receive a surprise holiday keepsake.
Validated parking is available on site (enter the garage from Whitehaven Street, NW).
RSVP to Aleria Walton at email@example.com or (202) 687-1729.
As part of this year’s celebration, we are also inviting you to participate in the Department of Human Resources’ annual Eileen Fenrich Sponsor a Family Program (new window). Last year, 311 families requested and gratefully received support thanks to hundreds of faculty and staff donating and volunteering.
This year we anticipate continued need for the support provided by the Sponsor a Family program, and are therefore beginning the program earlier to accommodate the schedules of our employees and sponsors.
You can participate by:
- Recommending a Georgetown employee whose family you think would make an appropriate beneficiary. You can nominate an employee using this online form (new window) or send an email to Gwen Parris (firstname.lastname@example.org (new window)) using the subject line “Sponsor a Family” no later than Friday, Nov. 17; or,
- Sponsoring a Georgetown family. You can sponsor a family individually, with a group of colleagues, or through your department. To become a sponsor, complete this online form (new window) or send an email to Gwen Parris (email@example.com (new window)) using the subject line “Sponsor a Family” no later than Wednesday, Nov. 22.
- Collect wrapped gifts for the family
- Purchase a gift online and have it delivered to the University collection site at 2115 Wisconsin Avenue, NW (new window)
- Email an e-gift card to the Department of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).
The program is completely confidential. Sponsors will not know the identity of the family they are sponsoring, nor will the recipient family know their sponsor’s identity. Additional information on the program can be found on the Sponsor a Family website (new window).
Thank you for your consideration of this wonderful program and tradition of caring for our community!